The proposed design includes a single-story addition to the back of the existing school, shown in blue in the site plan below. The existing loop road will be relocated to accommodate the new addition and improvements to the sewer system and electrical service are also included in the proposed project.
The below floorplan below shows the proposed areas for additions, renovations, and spaces that will be repurposed to address the current deficiencies.
The proposed design includes:
A single-story addition located in the back of the school
- 3 kindergarten classrooms and a pre-k classroom: If the project is approved, the school district intends to offer the preschool program at Nottingham Elementary School so students would not be traveling to Northwood.
- The rear addition allows all kindergarten classrooms to be combined into one area with a dedicated arrival/dropoff area in the back.
- A new classroom for enrichment programs which will be utilized by the elementary school students and provides a flex classroom to accommodate future growth.
- A new music room is also part of the addition to accommodate needed space for instruction and instrument storage.
- The new music room will allow the former space to be repurposed into a dedicated Health classroom. The Health program is currently taught off of a cart.
- A new World Language room is also included in the addition which frees up space for a new science lab in an existing second floor classroom.
- A dedicated gym storage room which will allow the school to reclaim the boys and girls gym locker rooms for use by students and athletes. Currently, both spaces are being used for gym storage.
- This addition also frees up existing space that is currently being used for kindergarten classrooms to be repurposed for elementary school uses such as a STEM lab/computer lab, reclaiming a 3rd-grade classroom, and accommodating a centralized special education department.
- The cost for solar PV panels has been included for the roof of the addition to offset additional energy usage.
- Security upgrades at the main entrance to help keep our students and teachers safe.
- Reconfiguration of the loop road circling the building.
- Improvements to school infrastructure such as sewer and electrical services.